Ubuntu Rock Drilling with more than 15 years drilling industry experience (Previously operation as Geosphere Drilling), is a level 2 Contributor to B-BBEE with 51% black ownership making us your drilling contractor of choice.
Welcome To Ubuntu Rock Drilling
All involved with Ubuntu Rock Drilling strive to live and work according to the “UBUNTU” way. Ubuntu is an ancient African word meaning 'humanity to others'. It also means 'I am what I am because of who we all are'
Ubuntu Rock Drilling has a proven BBEE track record, level 2 BBEE certification since March 2015.
We acknowledge the importance of uplifting our employees through skills transfer, training and education.
We encourage and reward dedicated employees such as Plaatjie Khanya who has worked their way up from drilling assistant, to drill operator and then to site manager. Plaatjie was also promoted in 2017 and has also become an URD shareholder.
* Air Percussion Drilling
* Siting (Geophysics)
* Water Testing
* Core / Exploration Drilling
More About Us
We contribute to social and economic development of sustainable communities with our operations. To achieve this we:
* Identify the communities and other stakeholders associated with our operations and actively engage with them in a culturally appropriate and transparrent manner as early as possible and throughout the life-cycle of our operations to establish relationships based on mutual benefit;
* Respect the cultures, customs, interests and rights of communities and vulnerable or previously disadvantaged groups;
* Work with governments, local authorities, community representatives and NGO’s and other interested parties to develop and support projects that benefit the communities associated with our projects;
* Work to minimise the adverse impacts of our operations on the communities in which we operate.
In addition we aim to preserve the long-term health, function and viabillity of the natural environments affected by our operations. Lastly, but most important of all, we aim to operate a safe workplace that is injury and fatality free, and to enhance the well-being of employees, sub-contractors and the community. We are proud to anouns a ZERO injury rate to date.
Drill Crew Capacity and Experience
As our equipment is specialised we make use of qualified and certified competent personnel. All personnel’s competencies are reviewed on a regular basis and refresher training done. Most of our personnel have been with us for at least 7 years. Qualified standby personnel are available should a team member not be able to perform his duties due to illness or injury, reducing possible time loss considerably.
In charge of projects is our Managing Director who fulfils the role as Operations Manager. Louis, who is a qualified Geologist, registered with the SACNASP (South African Council for Natural Scientific professionals), has more than 20 years industry experience. He conducts regular site visits to monitor progress and compliance and is also responsible for logistic support.
URD is also a member of BWA.